eating fruits before meals is even better

I received an email way back in 2010 how we can better take advantage of the fruits that we eat. And in big bold letters it says that eating fruits before a meal is even better rather than taking it after. Well, we usually take it after right? sort of a desert. But here's the explanation according to the article.

Let's say you eat 2 slices of toast and then some fruit. The fruit is ready to go into the intestine but the toast in the stomach is preventing it. In the meantime, the toast is getting digested using acids and the fruit comes into contact with this acidic mass and begins to spoil. If it had been eaten first, as fruits digests faster, it would've gone into the intestines without it getting spoiled with the rest of the food. This creates gas and a tendency to burp. As a result, the stomach bloats and causes a sensation of heaviness. You may have heard people complain that they want to burp after eating watermelon or that banana makes them want to empty their bladder often. This is all a result of eating fruit after a meal.

The Right Way to eat Fruit

Fruit is a great detoxifying food as well as good supply of natural sugars. Eaten the right way, fruit is extremely beneficial to the human body. A 3-day fruit fast can do a world of good by cleansing the body of toxins and helping the digestive system to slow down. Here are some tips on how to eat fruit the right way and get the most benefit out it.
  • Eat fruit on an empty stomach. It can be at any time of day as long as you eat it on an empty stomach.
  • After eating fruit, leave a time gap of 30 minutes before you eat any other food.
  • If you've already eaten a meal, then wait for about 3 hours before you eat fruit, so as to ensure that all of the previous meal is digested before the fruit goes in.
  • Try to eat fruit mostly before noon. This helps to raise blood sugar in a slow and unhurried manner. Since the digestive system has been at rest through the night, eating fruit is a gentle way of restarting it in the morning.
  • Never eat fruit with other foods, only on its own.
  • Do no eat fruit as dessert after a meal. Always eat it before for best nutritional results.
  • Bananas and avocados are heavy fruit and you may want to avoid them first thing in the morning. Try eating these as afternoon or a midday meal as the digestive system will be more prepared for them.
  • Try your best to eat only organic fruit whenever possible. It is a healthier option.
  • Avoid canned, frozen and processed fruit. It contains large amounts of sugar, preservatives and other undesirable chemical additives.
This article which I read back in 2009 truly enlightened me in the proper way to eat fruits. And I'm proud to say it did worked for me. A few days back I was delighted to finally be eating avocado again after quite some time now. Well the fruit is in season and wouldn't miss it. I remember my mom would always make mashed avocado with sugar and milk and she'll put it in a freezer and it will hardened like that of an ice cream. It's the most wonderful taste and I would jump for joy  with just the sight of it. It's just heavenly. Not a kid anymore but the memories as a child which I so remember clearly gave me joy. And as I ate my yummy avocado that night, I am relishing the moment, I let the avocado slide into my mouth and taste every bit of it. I'm happy while eating it and I felt wonderful. Simple joys of eating avocado. I think if everyone would have the same enthusiasm towards food, eating healthy wouldn't be so hard. Foods are there for us to enjoy, that's why eating in a hurry is really bad for us. While writing this I just finished my apple and a yakult. Lovely! Till next time!

0 comments:



Post a Comment